Society and Conference Rules
Regulaciones del Congreso y de la Sociedad
2) Students must be currently registered in the academic year of the conference and must supply student ID number and proof of registration from their institution. According to the SCL constitution, an undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled in the regular academic year as a candidate for a degree in a recognised tertiary college or university may become a student member on payment of dues. Student membership shall be limited to a maximum of six (6) years.
3) ALL authors are expected to confirm by e-mail and/or by pre-registering online that they will present their papers at the conference. Any author unable to be physically present may make arrangements directly with the Secretary to have his/her paper delivered by another (named) member. In such cases, the absent author must pay a registration fee to cover conference administration costs and materials. This also applies to joint authors not present.
4) ALL authors are expected to submit their full papers by the deadline date (All papers will be protected pdf files and will be considered drafts for circulation among conference attendees, and will not be considered published documents for distribution).
5) ALL members are invited to the SCL Biennial General Meeting where elections for the Executive will be held.
6) Conference presenters (papers or posters) are limited to one single abstract and one joint abstract per conference.
7) While not a rule, the organisers are always grateful to accepted presenters for advance notification of cancellation.
Read the SCL Constitution.
Joyce Pereira (University of Aruba) has a Master's in Dutch Language and Literature. She had taught Dutch and Papiamento didactics at the Instituto Pedagogico Arubano.. Read More»
Heredia, Heredia Province (Aug 5-8 and 11-12)
One of Costa Rica's most historical cities, founded in 1705 and nicknamed "City of Flowers". Located in central Costa Rica amidst vast coffee plantations and lush greenery. Learn more»
Limón (Aug 8-11)
Stretching along the Caribbean Coast, Limón is considered to be one of the most pristine and lush regions of Costa Rica. Learn more»
- Tuesday Conference Dinner (Heredia)
- Friday Lunch (Limón)
- Limón Cultural Activity (tba)
- Conference T-Shirt (preorder with registration)
Arriving in Costa Rica:
Click here to learn about airport transfers, currency,
mobile devices, getting around, shopping etc.