Society & Conference Rules
2) Students must be currently registered in the academic year of the conference and must supply student ID number and proof of registration from their institution. According to the SCL constitution, an undergraduate or postgraduate student enrolled in the regular academic year as a candidate for a degree in a recognised tertiary college or university may become a student member on payment of dues. Student membership shall be limited to a maximum of six (6) years.
3) ALL authors are expected to confirm by e-mail and/or by pre-registering online that they will present their papers at the conference. Any author unable to be physically present may make arrangements directly with the Secretary to have his/her paper delivered by another (named) member. In such cases, the absent author must pay a registration fee to cover conference administration costs and materials. This also applies to joint authors not present.
4) ALL authors are expected to submit their full papers for distribution on the conference CD or website. The deadline date is 6 August 2016. (All papers on the CD or website will be protected pdf files and will be considered drafts for circulation among conference attendees, and will not be considered published documents for distribution.)
5) ALL members are invited to the SCL Biennial General Meeting where elections for the Executive will be held.
Venue: UWI, Mona Campus
The UWI Mona campus, located in Northern Kingston, encompasses 653 acres of land formerly part of two large sugar estates, Papine and Mona. Scattered throughout the campus are the famous historic ruins of a Roman-style aqueduct, water wheel, and other remnants of the sugar works which once stood on the site ....Read More »
- Call for Papers
- Abstract Guidelines
- Submit Asbtract here
- Poster presentations
- Society & Conference Rules
Some practical information for Conference attendees, including:
- Arriving in Jamaica
- Mobile Devices
- Getting around
- Eating Out